Costs & Helpful Tips for Assisted Living, Nursing Home Care and In-Home Care in Ohio:
The following links are resources we use at Joseph L. Motta Co. to help our clients when they are planning their estate and planning for long-term care. Costs associated with each type of care, from in-home care to assisted living communities and nursing home care are regularly changing, so giving our clients websites they can turn to for up-to-date information about costs and how they compare to different regions usually helps to think decades down the road.
- Caring.com provides a cost comparison based on region, city and type of care throughout Ohio.
- Helpguide.org provides help deciding when an assisted living facility might be the right choice and guides you through the transition.
- Closetbox.com provides one of the most helpful and comprehensive lists for caregivers that are moving seniors into a retirement community, independent living community, or moving to an assisted living community. From a pre-move checklist and packing tips to helpful frame of reference to remember for moving day.
Healthy Aging Resources
Staying physically and mentally healthy well into your years will not only improve the quality of life but also usually cost you less in long-term care. Below are some helpful links we use to help our senior client base and their care givers to stay educated on healthy aging.
- 22 Senior Health Risk Calculators for Healthy Aging. These senior health calculators are a starting point for becoming an advocate for healthy aging. Use them to assess an existing concern or even to develop effective vocabulary for speaking with your doctor.
- Health & Aging: Seniors and Swimming
- Seven Steps to Staying Mentally Sharp as a Tack After 60
- Healthy Eating After 50
- Outdoor Activities for Elders
- 10 Brain Exercises that Boost Memory
- 16 Chair Exercises for Seniors & How to Get Started
- Get the Facts on Alzheimer’s
- Help Alzheimer's Sufferers Cope with Loss
- Relieving Stress & Anxiety: Resources for Alzheimer’s Caregivers
- Preparing Your Home for a Loved One with Alzheimer’s: A Caregiver’s Guide
Tips for Seniors Aging in Place: Home and Safety
- Guidelines for Preventing Falls
- The Guide to Senior-Friendly Home Remodeling
- 15 Home Modifications to Make Aging-in-Place Safe
- DIY Safety Tips for Seniors
- Home Modifications Increase Senior Safety
- 12 Medication Management Tips that May Save Your Life
- Older Adults’ Health and Age-Related Changes
- 6 Powerful Ways To Help Seniors Avoid Isolation
Other Links for Seniors and Their Caregivers